Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Concord Marching Minutemen ~ Season 2014

I thought I'd share some photos from this past weekend since this is what has been taking up a majority of my time for the last 5 months ~ Marching Band!   This year, I was blessed to be the Lead Band Mom for the Concord Marching Minutemen and work with one of THE BEST music programs in the country.  Concord is a very special place, and there really aren't words to describe why or how it happens... it just does.

This year is bittersweet for me... I am overjoyed that both of my beautiful children were marching together for this one and only year.  Matt has wanted to be in marching band for many, many years & he loved it.  His pure joy after their State performance this weekend was uplifting and raw.  Megan is a second year Drum Major and also had the honor of playing the flute solo for their field show this year.  But with all of the joy, comes many emotions... my sweet girl is a senior and this was her last time marching.  I'm so thankful that she had the "most fun that she has ever had performing" on Saturday.

photo by Bateman Photography


photo by The Elkhart Truth
Our drum majors with their State Runner-Up Trophy



marching in to Lucas Oil Stadium



Megan's final salute 



She nailed her solo! 






a moment of joy and emotions with Michaela & Megan

tears of joy from Matt
winners drink milk


Megan and Nicki share a moment 



Matt & Megan..
one of my favorite memories of the day was right after they left the field



Megan & Ben ~ our senior drum majors
they've been through a lot together



Emily, Megan & Britt ~ besties


Matt's Senior Mentor Bryce ~ he will be missed next year



a quick photo with my girl after awards 




I am so proud of all the kids in this program for their hard work this season.  They were rewarded with State Runner Up for Class B.  I know we were all hoping for 1st, but you had your BEST show of the year, and that's all we could ever really ask of you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all the photos!! What a great year it was!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kendra! I have enjoyed your posts online about band and just popped over to your blog and read this beautiful post! You are so proud and it's so awesome. These pictures of your kids are just wonderful. Congratulations!! XOXO

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs