Saturday, November 29, 2014

Christmas Tag Tutorial for Gina K & Spectrum Noir!

Hi Crafty Friends!  I'm back today with a fun tutorial for Gina K Designs with my Spectrum Noir Markers.  Today I'm using the adorable Winter Cheer Stamp TV Kit to make some fun Christmas tags.



The first thing I did was download the Silhouette Cut Files document from the Stamp TV Freebies Page and used my Cameo to cut them out.  Oh My WORD ~ doesn't get much easier!  If you don't have a Silhouette Cameo, there is a PDF file available to cut them out with scissors.


Next, I stamped all of the images.  TIP: since the cardstock is white, it is easiest to use a dark background when stamping the images to the pre-cut shapes.


I'll be using all of the images for a series of tags (more to come next week)... but today, I'm highlighting the cute little snowmen!

I started with the BT2 Spectrum Noir Marker and added some shadowing to the edge of the snowman.

TIP: If you don't have this marker, grab a piece of scrap paper and start scribbling with the markers you do have to find the color that works for you.


Next, I used the CG1, CG2, and CG3 markers to color the scarf.  I started with the CG3 and added shadows to the left edges of the scraf.  Then added CG2, and then finishing with CG1.  I like working from dark to light colors.


Next, I added CR 8 to each edge of the hat.


And then added CR7 in the middle of the hat.  Then I went back in and added just a bit of CR8 to each edge.


For the other cute snowman, I used CG3 & CG4 for the greens on the hat.  I started with CG4 and then added the lighter CG3.  Then I added the CR8 for the red.



I finished the hat with CR7 and then added CR8 to the scarf and finished it with CR7 again.


Here are the colors I used for my cute little snowmen.


And once again, here are my completed tags.  I finished them off with a snowflake image & sentiments from the Winter Cheer sets and pattern paper from the Stamp TV Kit.

Check back next week for more tags using the images from this adorable kit.

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Cute tags! Thanks for the coloring tutorial. I'm still working on my SN coloring skills.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs