Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sheena: Under the Sea

Good Morning and welcome to the weekend.  Today I made a card using this pretty starfish from a new Sheena collection coming out this week at Crafter's Companion.  There are 2 new Under the Sea sets and this one is called Hidden Stars.

I decided to do a polished stone technique for both the background and the starfish on my card today.  

 I stated out by stamping my starfish on Crafter's Companion High Gloss cardstock.  I don't have all of the Spectrum Noir refills for the colors I wanted to use, so I just scribbled some ink from the OR3 Spectrum Noir marker on a plastic bag and then rubbed it on the starfish image.  Then I took some of the refills for CR6 and TN3 and added a few drops directly on the image.  The next step was to add some Spectrum Noir blender solution from my refill to a piece of white felt and I rubbed it around the image to blend all of the colors.  My star fish went from this...


to this...

For the background, I cut a card panel of Crafter's Companion High Gloss cardstock to work with.  I added a combination of colors from refills and markers to my white felt applicator from CG4, TB2, TB6, TB7, TB8 and applied it to my High Gloss cardstock.  Then I added some Tim Holtz silver medium in random spots.  I then added blending solution to my felt applicator and smeared it all together so it would look like the starfish was underwater.



TIP:  Make sure you wear and apron and use a mat on your work surface... this technique can be a little messy.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs