Thursday, December 5, 2013

Wish Big with the new Creative Cafe Kit

Hi Friends!  I'm here today to share a super fun birthday card that I made with the amazing new Creative Cafe Kit for December called Wish Big!  I know you are going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this kit as much as I do!!!  You want to know what I love about this kit?  Absolutely EVERYTHING!  All of the Bazzill card stock and Doodlebug (Flower Box) pattern papers, ribbons, pearls, and fabulous stamped images are included in the kit!



Here's how I made my card...
  1. I cut a piece of Robin Egg blue Bazzill card stock 4 1/4" x 11" & scored it at 5 1/2".
  2. Next, I cut the piece of pink woodgrain pattern paper 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" & attached it to a slightly larger piece of white cardstock for a mat and attached it to the blue card base.
  3. Then I cut a piece of flower pattern paper 4 1/2" x 3 1/4" & wrapped a piece of stitched ribbon around it with a decorative knot to finish it.
  4. I attached the flower pattern paper with 3D Foam Squares on top of the pink woodgrain paper. 



Next I trimmed a 2 1/4" square piece of yellow cardstock and stamped some of the swirls from the Wish Big Stamp Set using Memento Ink.  Then I added piece of brown woodgrain (3/4" x 2 1/4") and attach it to the bottom of the square.


Using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, I stamped two of the owl images on white cardstock and cut them out with my trimming scissors. One owl was from the Wish Big set and one was from the Birthday Wishes Add-On set.


Then I colored the owls with my Spectrum Noir Markers (PP3, PP4, PP5, BT3, BT4, LY3), trimmed out a few leaves from the green pattern paper and did an outline stitch around all of the pieces with a black fine tip marker.  I attached the owls to the tree branch with the 3D Foam Squares.


I also added some glitter to the owls using my Clear Wink of Stella Brush pen and added the stamped images to the center of the flower panel.


Next I wanted to add a sentiment to the card and love the happy birthday banner that is included in the Birthday Wishes Add-On set.  I decided I wanted it on a light pink background, so using the chisel tip of my marker, I colored the paper.


 After letting it dry for a few minutes, I stamped my sentiment using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then trimmed it with scissors.  I attached it to the top of the card using the  3D Foam Squares.


For the final touch on my card, I added some red Queen & Co Jellies (included in the kit).  Then I decided to make a matching envelop for my card because there were these adorable stamp stickers included in the kit & the pattern paper is just too gorgeous not to use!



Hope you enjoyed my first project for this month ~ more to come every day!

Supplies:
* Creative Cafe Kit ~ Wish Big (December 2013).  Contents I used: Wish Big Stamp Set; Bazzill Card Stock; Doodlebug Flower Box Pattern Paper; Ribbon; Queen & Co. Jellies; Doodlebug Cardstock Stickers.  Also used: Wish Big Add-On Stamp set ~ Birthday Wishes.
* Ink ~ Memento (Tuxedo Black, Dandelion)
* Scrapbook Adhesives ~ 3D Foam Squares
Clear Wink of Stella Brush* Die Cut Shape - Spellbinder Square
* Alcohol Ink Markers
* Black Fine Tip Marker


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs