Thursday, December 12, 2013

Creative Cafe Kit ~ Birthday Balloons

It's time for some birthday wishes!!!  Hi there ~ I'm here today with a pretty little round card to share using this month's Creative Cafe Kit called Wish Big from The Rubber Cafe. Follow along and see how I made my card...



Step 1: To make my round card, I took a piece of the Watermelon Dotted Swiss cardstock and cut it 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored it at 4 1/4".   

Step 2: I used my Spellbinders Big Scallop Circle Die and lined it up with the top edge of the folded card so the top scallop was above the card.  Then I ran it through my cutting machine.



Once the card is cut, it will still be attached at the top edge.


Step 3: I stamped the balloon image from the Wish Big stamp set using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I stamped the balloons off the edge...


Step 4: Then I stamped the same balloon image 3 more times on scraps of the Flower Box pattern paper.  Then I trimmed them with my scissors and attached them to the previously stamped image.


Step 5: I stamped the cute little owl from the Birthday Wishes Add-On set and then colored him with my markers.

Step 6: I wanted to add a curved sentiment, so I placed my circle die on top of my clear acrylic block and lined up the sentiment in the shape I wanted and then stamped it with Rose Pink Memento Ink.  Super simple little trick!!!


Step 7: I added some pink stamped hearts to the image, added a black circle mat and then attached it to the card base.

Step 8: For my last touch, I added a pink stitched bow to the top of the card.


Who wouldn't love to have this sweet little owl drop in with birthday wishes?  Enjoy!!!


Supply List: 
Creative Cafe Kit ~ Wish Big (Wish Big Stamp set; Birthday Wishes Add-On Set; Bazzill Cardstock; Doodlebug Flower Box Pattern Paper; Pink Stitched Ribbon.
Ink ~ Memento (Tuxedo Black; Rose Bud)
Adhesive ~ Tombow Stamp Runner

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Love the scallop shape!! Such a fabulous card Kendra!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs