Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Rubber Cafe ~ Creative Cafe Halloween Kit!

Hi Stampy Friends!  Super excited today to FINALLY share one of my projects from the brand new Creative Cafe Kit by The Rubber Cafe!  The very first kit in this product line is for Halloween and the name of it is called Best Witches!  I LOVE IT!!!!

The card I want to share with you today, I made with "subway art" in mind and ALL of the supplies I used (other than ink & adhesive) are INCLUDED in the kit!  Before I started the stamping for this project, I prepped the rest of my card so everything would be ready to go.  I cut a piece of green cardstock 4 1/4" x 11" for the card base.  Then I cut 2 additional mat pieces ~ purple (4/18" x 5 1/4") and black (3 7/8" x 5 1/8") and attached them.  I trimmed a piece of the pretty striped pattern paper 2" x 3 3/4" and added at the bottom of the black mat.   Then I set those pieces aside to assemble after the stamping was finished.


I selected 4 coordinating colors of Memento Inks ~ Tangelo, Grape Jelly, Pear Tart and Tuxedo Black for my stamped images.  TIP: Remember to test the colors on scratch paper before you start stamping your final piece to make sure they look nice with the papers.   For the stamp set, I used the Best Witches stamp set from the Creative Cafe Kit.    Now comes the fun part... STAMPING!

When making a card like this, the easiest thing to do is start in the upper left hand corner and then take each image/sentiment one at a time.  I started with the large "Happy Halloween" sentiment and stamped it in Tangelo (orange) ink.  After I had that "jumping off" point, the next thing I did was stamp the witch because it is the largest image on the card and I wanted to make sure I had enough room.  Next, I began adding the rest of the images the sentiments (largest to smallest).  I alternated colors and the direction of each image or sentiment as I went along.  I also made sure that I didn't bunch up all the images (or sentiments) in one spot.



Once the larger images and sentiments were stamped, there were several open spots on the panel that I left there intentionally.  This is where I added the other smaller images from the set like the star and two sizes of bats.  I continued to alternate the colors and directions as I stamped.

A Little TIP: Be careful not to fill in every single little white space with an image, it will look too crowded.

Most of the images in the set are solid stamps so there was a nice array of color to my panel.  One image needed to be colored, so I used coordinating marker colors for the little witch shoes.


Here's a close up of the finished panel.



Once the stamping on the panel was completed, I added it to my finished card panel.   To cover up the cut edge of the panel and pattern paper, I wrapped a black seem binding ribbon around the card panel and then tied a small piece of orange and purple seem binding in the knot.  Once the ribbon was secure, I attached the card panel to the base with Kool Tak Foam Tape.


I added the "BOO" sentiment from the Best Witches Add-On Stamp Set from the kit and I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.    It is trimmed with a scallop oval punch and popped up with Kool Tak Foam Tape.   Last, but not least, I used the pretty little Purple Goosebump Gems from Queen & Co on the bottom corners of my card for a little bling ~ and by the way, they also comes with the kit!!

A little TIP: I always stamp my image or sentiment and then trim with a punch or die cut.  That way it is lined up perfectly.

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Super cute & fun Halloween card.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs