Monday, June 3, 2013

Colorful Butterfly Tutorial

It's another new week ...and they all seem to be going so quickly!  Today is also my 24th wedding anniversary, so a big shout out to my sweet hubby!

Today I'm not only sharing this tutorial for Crafter's Companion, but I am also announcing that I have been asked to be a Supernova on the Paper Craft Planet Design team.  SO....I'm sharing this tutorial on their website as well!

The cards I want to show you today, highlight this gorgeous butterfly from the Flying Colors stamp set along with a few sentiments using the From the Heart set.



First I put the ginormous butterfly on my great Rock A Blocks.  These are especially wonderful for large images.   Then using my Memento Dew Drops, I inked my image.  I started with the Bahama Blue in the center of the Butterfly, then slightly overlapped the ink colors with the Pear Tart working outward, and then slightly overlapped again with the Cantaloupe along the outside edges of the butterfly.  I used Tuxedo Black for the sentiments.


Once you've inked the butterfly, blot the ink pad on scratch paper to remove the darker ink from the pad.



To use the Rock A Blocks, flip the block over and gently rock the image on the block from front to back ~ easy peasy!


The finished butterfly



Here you can see the slight slope of the block.



Easy Peasy ~ that's all there is to it!

4 comments:

lisa808 said...

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks for the tutorial on the petty butterflies.

Lori Barnett said...

What a cool way to stamp! Beautiful card Kendra. Enjoy your anniversary :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

congratulations! It's DH and my 24th too! Ü

Mary-Anne V said...

Beautiful butterflies...thanks for the pic tutorial.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs