Friday, May 11, 2012

Alaska Project... End of Book #1

Whew...what a week!!!  It has been a crazy busy week & I just didn't have time to play along on the OCL Challenge that is starting today.  BUT...go take a look at the fun challenge today over on the OCL Blog.   I'm hoping to get a project done this weekend for the challenge so I can play too.

So for today, I wanted to show you the final pages of Book #1 (of 2) for our Alaska Pre-Cruise vacation.  Today's pages show our adventures on the tour boat in Resurrection Bay (in Seward, Alaska).  I have to say, {and you'll see by the photos}... the day was PERFECT!  Gorgeous blue sky, sunshine and wildlife sightings like CRAZY!  This day ranked as one of our TOP 3 favorites in Alaska {maybe even from both trips}.

We boarded a tour boat early in the morning and we were delighted that our group of about 15 people was the only group that day ~ WOOHOOO!  It was like a private tour!  We could get up and go anywhere on the boat without worrying we might be in the way of someone else.  It was rather cool on deck; however, the views were SPECTACULAR!  The captain of our boat, handed out Wildlife Guides so we could identify animals while on the trip.  I wanted to be able to look at it again, so I made a photo pocket to keep it tucked in for our album.  I also purchased a few postcards of the area we visited for my album.



Another exciting thing about today was that we saw our ship for the first time since our arrival to Alaska ~ M.S. Radiance of the Seas.  We would board her later that day...


I didn't do much to this page because I wanted to include the fabulous shots of the kids and of the sea otters.     NOTE:  these pictures weren't taken with any zoom features on our cameras.  YES, the otters were THAT CLOSE!  They just swam along side for quite some time ~ it was great!




I'm sure you can see why I said this was "our favorite day so far"!!!



We saw many bald eagles & some were even nesting (top center), humpback whale, and sea lions ...lots and lots of sea lions.  We also saw a dozen Dall sheep {with babies} and puffins ~ oh so sweet. 




Not only did we have great views of the wildlife, but the scenery was AMAZING!





Everything was just CRYSTAL CLEAR that day!




Once again for my pages, I used the Destinations Kit from Simple Stories & stamps from Unity, Technique Tuesday & Hero Arts.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love it, Kendra!! beautiful pictures! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs