Monday, April 7, 2008

I {heart} Scrapbooking!

I really, really do love scrapbooking. In fact, I was scrapbooking for many years before I took up making cards and gifts. However, I will be the first one to admit that it can totally overwhelm me. The fact that I haven't really done any "traditional" pages for at least a year makes me very sad. I tons of pictures from several years ago that are not done. As a result, I constantly put pressure on myself to get pages done. Therefore, I have to make scrapbooking "do-able"!

I was shopping with my friend Paula last December & I found this cool little book with matching paper, rub-ons, stickers, and borders by Creative Cafe. As soon as I saw all of these wonderful products ~ I knew what I wanted to do with them. So I began planning my 2007 scrapbook. There are 12 tabbed dividers in the book, so I stamped the month on each one. Each month also has a "highlight" page with the big stuff that happened that month that I just wrote out on a journaling block. Then I took some of my favorite pictures from each month and added some journaling to document the event.

I can always go back and do full 12x12 pages, but now at least I have the year documented and the pressure is off! Stay tuned this week for more pages from my fun little book.

4 comments:

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

LOVE it Kendra. You are SUCH an AWESOME scrapbooker! I love your playful style. This looks like a GREAT album!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Great Idea !! Great album. I always love seeing pictures of the kids.

Paula Wade said...

Oh cool! I remember you buying that little book!! How fun... :) I thought you were in NYC???
Paula

sworley said...

Hey, this looks familiar!!! Your book is coming along brilliantly, my friend!! I love it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs