Thursday, August 23, 2007

Quick Cards & A Heartfelt Message to Some Friends...

My dear friend, Michelle Wooderson, does a great job of whipping up a ton of cards at one time using pattern paper or One Sheet Wonders (homemade pattern paper). Yesterday, I decided that I really needed to get a stack of cards made in a hurry, so I got all the card bases finished with some pattern paper and ribbon. Then tonight, I stamped 6 different images and finished them off. It was super quick and now I have cards ready to pop in the mail when I need them with each of them being just a little different.



These wonderful images are from Lizzie Anne Designs ~ Simply Sentiments & Funky Floral set both available from Joy and Daisy over at Eclectic Paperie. The pattern paper with the birthday pattern and the circles are both from Doodlebug & the orange flower pattern paper is handmade using the Funky Floral set. The ribbon is by May Art and is from my friend Cindy Lyles over at Starlit Studios ~ you WILL want to take a look at her fabulous store!


A special note to some dear friends ~
Tonight I am going to close on a sentimental note because I'm in kind of a sappy mood ~ I just need to say that I am blessed with some amazing friends in my life. Some I see often, some just once a year and believe it or not, some I have never even met in real life. I talk to them everyday and it's because of this wonderful papercrafting hobby that we all got together. Last weekend it was my honor to spend time with several of these wonderful ladies that I call my friends. We came from all over the country and it was an incredibly special weekend. I wish everyone from this amazing group could have come to the retreat, but they know they were missed in a huge way. It's not about stamping any more {although we all have a great love for crafting}. It's about the relationships that we have built over the last 3 years. Girls, my life would be incomplete without any of you. You all have gotten me through a very difficult time in my life and I will never forget that! I love you all dearly & I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the privilege of being in this group.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Love you too Kendra!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I would have been there with you. Sending cyber hugs and thanking you from the bottom of my heart for your friendship and support!!! Love you Kendra!

Debbi T said...

Aw sweetie....I feel exactly the same way!! It was sure weird finding out we had another "commonality" (our shared HORROR DAY 2005)...but it just confirms for me that our group *is* so very special in so many ways!

Love you! SO GLAD I got hugs from you again!! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs