Sunday, April 22, 2007

It feels sooooooooooooo good...


... to be scrapbooking again! Now don't get me wrong I love cardmaking and paper crafting of pretty much any kind, but my first love {in crafting anyway} is scrapbooking. Like many others, I started at a home party with a group of friends about 11 years ago. I was addicted at once! I didn't just want to buy a few things ~ I wanted EVERYTHING! I know my close friends will just be SHOCKED by that comment ~ LOL! Scrapbooking gives me so much satisfaction when I complete a layout & it's really what gets me all hyped up!
***
Now this page has been a little bit of an experiment for me because I used my computer for the photo collage and the journaling. I bought this wonderful idea book from Creating Keepsakes called Computer Tricks for Scrapbooking. In the book they use Photoshop Elements 5.0 to do all kinds of fun tricks with your photos, journaling, titles, and embellishments. I am determined that I will NEVER completely switch over to digital scrapbooking because I love touching and feeling all the yummy scrapbook supplies. The textures of the papers, ribbons, and flowers pretty much thrill my socks right off! However, I love being able to manipulate text and photos so my layouts POP! So now I am what they call a hybrid scrapbooker, and I'm cool with that! This layout took me forever to complete because I'm still getting the hang of it. I did have a good time learning how to do it, so you'll see more layouts from me in the next 23 days using the software. Why 23 days? Well that's because I downloaded a free trial copy of Photoshop Elements 5.0 and I only have 23 days left until the trial period ends. If you would like to download a copy click HERE.
~~~~~~~
Picking Jazz ~ Supplies Used: Paper - Bazzill; Pattern Paper, stickers, ribbon, chipboard letters - KI Memories; Ink - Staz-On Brown; Tag - Cricut Cartridge; Stamps - Hero Arts; Font - Di from Word; Photoshop Elements 5.0.

5 comments:

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

KENDRA - this page is FANTASTIC!!!!!! WOW - it may have taken a while - but you learned and you created THIS MASTERPIECE!!!! I know what you mean about the "stuff" - I'll NEVAH give up "the stuff". SNORT!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love you puppy page! Don't forget that you can always ask Prinny for help with digi-scrapping!

Shabbychick Junk said...

SO SWEET! YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR WITH THE SCRAPBOOKING, GIRLFRIEND!

Cindy Lyles said...

This is INCREDIBLE Kendra!!! Oh you are so inspiring!!!!! Love it - oh sooooo adorable!!!!!!!

Stefanie Staniak said...

I love all your scrapbooking and I think that your digital pages will inspire me too ! This page is wonderful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs