Saturday, March 9, 2013

SP & Company Crop Event!

Hey There Crafty Friends!
For those of you who are new to my blog, WELCOME!!!  For my regular visitors, I'm glad you're back!  Today I'm one of the Challenge Hostesses for the Weekend Crop at SP & Company Stamps.   My challenge for you is...

 Use Border Stamps in Creative Ways!  

For my first card, I used the Diamond Background border and stamped it tone on tone.  {By the way, this stamp is on the retired list for $1 ~ what a steal!}  The next creative border I used was the Chevron Chaser Background and I stamped it in green ink on a small piece of kraft cardstock.  Then I stamped the plain tie from the Father's Day Fun Mini set in dark brown ink over the top of the green Chevron pattern.  I made sure to line up the tie so the Chevron points were centered.  I used my markers to color a few stripes in the tie & then I cut it out.  The next step was to stamp the Father's Day sentiment on the cream cardstock and then I added another Chevron pattern to the bottom of the sentiment block.  Once the sentiment was attached to the card base, I popped up the tie with foam dots.  A touch of twine and a few gems completed my cute card!



My second card also uses the Chevron Chaser Background as well as the Large Polka-Dot Background Stamp.



Here's how I made the background: First I selected 4 coordinating colors of ink (2 blues & 2 greens).  Next, I inked the entire image in the lighter shade of blue & then added the darker shade of blue over the top portion of the image.  On a firm surface, I carefully lined up the image so it was straight and pressed the stamp on the white card stock.   Next, I cleaned my stamp and inked the entire image in the lighter shade of green and then added the darker shade over the bottom portion.  Making sure to line the image up straight, I carefully stamped the image at the bottom of the white card stock.



For the letters, I found some fun wooden letters and shapes at the local craft store & decided they would be fun to stamp, color and decorate.  Using my B16 Copic marker, I colored the surface of the wooden letter with my chisel tip.




Next, laying the Large Polka-Dot Background stamp face up, I inked it with black ink.



Keeping the inked image face up, I carefully pressed  the wooden letters on to the inked image.
(note: I also added some white polka-dots with white pigment ink)



Then I added them with glue dots to my card.  I mirrored the Chevron and polka-dot patterns on my embossed pieces as well to pull the whole card together ~ along with some black gems, some gingham ribbon and a pretty little butterfly.



Make sure you play along on the challenges today ~ loads of fun and inspiration out there from the Challenge Hostesses.  You can find out all the details over on the SP & Co Blog or on the Facebook Page.

You can link up your creative border projects by CLICKING HERE!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Super cute cards,Thanks for sharing...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs