Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Day in Rome!

On our last day in Rome last June, we had a blast walking around the Piazza de Fiori and the lovely boutique shoppes around the Piazza.  We all enjoyed the many outdoor cafes & open markets as well ~ I have a smile on my face just thinking about it!  As we were loading up our luggage to leave this amazing city, Megan was being silly and posed for a few pictures.

For my page today, I used some pretty paper from the Shades of Gray Collection.   Now I know what you're thinking... this page is anything BUT gray!  Well, that's because I took out some of my Memento Ink (Rose Bud & Tangelo) and sponged color on to the gray and white Silverplate pattern paper to match my daughter's dress.  Then I did a few more scraps and punched out the butterflies.  Such a quick and easy way to make the paper exactly what you want it to be.  Then I took one of the quotes from the Paper Loft Accessory Sheet ~ Star, stamped some light pink butterflies on it and then sponged the orange ink over the entire quote.   The scattered butterfly images on the quote and on the background of the pink cardstock are from the Time to Dream stamp set by Crafter's Companion.



~ Photos ~
Top left - Megan and Matt at lunch.
Middle left ~ fresh fruit cup from the open market outside our hotel, our breakfast each day
Bottom left ~ Uncle Richard dreaming about coming back to Rome




The chipboard letters for my title were the wrong shade of pink, so I took my Spectrum Noir marker (BP2) and colored them to match my pattern paper.

Hope you enjoyed a little "taste" of Rome today...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs