Thursday, November 7, 2013

Sparkle & Shine with the new Creative Cafe Kit!

Are you ready for some Sparkly Fun? I'm here today to share my first project from the brand new Creative Cafe Kit for November called Twas the Night.  When I saw the add-on background stamp in the kit called Let It Snow Background, it was the first image I grabbed!  


The kit also comes with some very pretty sparkly red Bazzill cardstock that is GORGEOUS!!!  I inked my image with white pigment ink and then stamped it on a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of cardstock.  Then I used white embossing powder and heat embossed the stamp image.

TIP #1: When stamping in white ink, you will get a much brighter white image if you use white embossing powder rather than clear powder.




Once the image was heat embossed, I trimmed my card panel to measure 3 3/4" x 5" and matted it on a piece of white cardstock.

TIP #2:  If you trim the stamped card panel after you stamp the image, you can correct any crooked images when you cut it with your paper trimmer.


Next I used one of the Splash of Color Chalkboard Labels that comes with the kit and attached it to a piece of the red sparkly cardstock.    Then I trimmed it with an oval die cut.

TIP #3: When you use open die cuts, it's a good idea to stamp your image first (or in this case, add the Chalkboard Label).  This way you can make sure it is lined up correctly.


Next, I stamped my sentiment (from the other add-on set called Tangled Tinsel) with white pigment ink on the black Chalkboard Label and then trimmed a black scallop mat to add to my sentiment.  I then heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder.

TIP #4: Be very careful not to heat up your label too much with your heat gun or it will start to bubble.  (Yes, I learned the hard way ~ notice the label in my first picture is different...just sayin').


After adding some of the black seam binding & a bit of sheer red ribbon to my card, I attached my sentiment to the card panel with Kool Tac Foam Dots.



My last few touches for my card  ~ I added a clear snowflake embellishment to the sentiment along with a sequin and a clear gem stacked together (all included in the kit).  And... I added a small clear gem to the center of each snowflake on the background.  Those little touches all added lots of shimmer to my card!


I hope you've enjoyed my little tutorial on and tips for my sparkly card today ~ I know you'll love this kit as much as I do!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs