Thursday, November 28, 2013

Christmas Tags

Today I'm sharing more projects using the new Creative Cafe Kit for November called T'was the Night.  Since it is that time of year again where we need start thinking about gift wrapping,  I thought I'd share some ways that I enjoy adding a little personal touchs to my packages.  A quick and easy way to do that is to add a homemade gift tag to your package or gift bag.

For my first gift tag, I trimmed my tag from a template and then used Spellbinder dies and the shapes for the sentiment (oval & big scallop oval).  I also trimmed a piece of pattern paper 2 1/2" x 2 3/4" for the background of the tag.

I placed the Splash of Color Chalkboard Label (from the kit) on the red oval & green mat cardstock pieces and then stamped the sentiment from the T'was the Night stamp set on the chalkboard label.  Then I added a snowflake embellishment with a red sequin and clear gem.  I set it aside to dry while I assembled the rest of the tag.

Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 2 3/4" 
For the ribbon hanger on the tag, I cut a piece of black seam binding ribbon about 14" long.  Then I tied a knot at the end, leaving about 1".  I trimmed the ends with my pinking sheers.

Then I threaded my knotted ribbon through the whole on the tag from the back and secured the ribbon with adhesive.  After that, I attached some jingle bells from the kit using black thread.


For my next tag, I used the same tag template on green cardstock and trimmed it with scissors.  I trimmed the red classic oval with my die cut and added the Chalkboard label and stamped the sentiment in white ink.  Then I added a few of the green Goosebump gems from Queen & Co (which also come with the kit).  I threaded and knotted the red sheer ribbon at the top of the tag and added the snowflake, sequin and clear gem embellishment.


For the background of my tag, I took some scraps of the Echo Park pattern paper and lined them up on my tag.  Then I trimmed them with scissors using the tag as a guide where to cut.



And here are 3 more tags that were super easy to make using scraps of paper, some ink, punches and ribbon.


The possibilities are endless for making beautiful Christmas tags using this kit.   
ENJOY and don't be afraid to mix things up a bit!

Supplies:

Stamps: The Rubber Cafe'-Creative Cafe' Kit: T'was the Night
Paper: The Rubber Cafe'-Creative Cafe' Kit: T'was the Night -featuring Echo Park's 'Tis the Season
Ink: Memento- Black; Bamboo Leaves; VersaMark; White Pigment Ink
Embellishments: Ribbon; snowflake gems; Queen & Co. red square, Green Goosebumps & clear gems, and jingle bells (all contained in the kit)
Splash of Color Chalkboard Labels (contained in the kit)
Dies: Spellbinders (Classic Ovals, Big Scallop Ovals, Labels 10); Sizzix Tag Dies
Scallop Edge Punch, Circle & Scallop Circle Punches: EK Success
Adhesive:  Kool Tac Foam
Markers

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs