Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Poppin' Butterflies...


These little Flutterbys are so fun! This is another creation using my new Paper Trey Ink set ~ Butterfly Kisses. For the card, I decided to use a technique that I haven't used in a while ~ Poppin' Pastels. I love how that little butterfly turned out! Have you ever tried this technique? Maybe you have forgotten how. Well here's how I did it...
Poppin' Pastels Technique
  1. Stamp the butterfly outline in red onto white cardstock ~ if you stamp the outline it makes it much easier to cut out when you're finished.
  2. Stamp flower butterfly with VersaMark Ink over the top.
  3. Using my Stampin' Pastels (Chalks), I selected 6 or 7 colors from my pattern paper & lightly added color to a small section of flowers.
  4. Cut out the butterfly ~ be careful not to touch the newly chalked image too much while cutting or it will smear. I don't like cutting the image out first because it's easier to apply the chalks when you have a larger piece of paper to hold on to.
  5. Once your image is cut out, slightly bend the wings for some dimension and attach it with Glue Dots. I added some little sparkling bling from Hero Arts for the butterfly trail.
Poppin' Pastel Tips:
  • To apply the color, I like using eyeshawdow makeup applicators. Always use a different applicator for each color so they stay nice and bright.
  • To apply the colors to the VersaMark ink, use a light swirling action. Don't rub it too hard or your VersaMark will smear.

Supplies Used on the Butterfly Card: Stamps: Butterfly Kisses & Paper Trey Word Set (Paper Trey Ink); Paper: Bazzill & Basic Grey Pattern Paper (Gypsie ~ Romany); Ink: Real Red (Stampin' Up!) and VersaMark; Accents: Hero Arts

I made the frame last fall at a retreat with some of my favorite stamping girls. The Queen of Frames, Lisa Zappa, had a class and showed us all the techniques.

Supplies on the Frame: Paper: Basic Grey Gypsie; Ribbon: May Arts; Stamps: Foam Stamps by Making Memories. Other: Buttons & Modge Podge.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Kendra, this is just gorgeous!
My mug with be in that group shot somday!! :)

Unknown said...

Kendra, this is gorgeous! AND it brings back some of the most awesome memories. I always love our time together! Love ya!

Shabbychick Junk said...

HEY THAT'S US IN THAT FRAME! BEAUTIFUL!

Allison Rankin said...

This is gorgeous...so CASE-worthy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs