Wednesday, October 15, 2014

More fun with Stencils!

Hi Peeps!  Today I have a new card to share using the new Sheena Douglass stencils from Crafter's Companion.  For this card, I used parts of the stencil by masking the image and I also moved it around a bit. 


First I selected a piece of water color paper and several colors from the Gold/Brown (GB) markers.  Starting with the darkest one (GB9), I used the chisel tip and simply started coloring a few strokes across the width of the paper.  Next, I took the GB8 marker and overlapped the GB9 and then went above that a little bit more.  I continued on with the GB7 marker and then added GB6, GB4, GB3, GB2, GB1 (in that order).  Then I used the GB1 marker and went over the entire colored area.  For the bottom area, I used DG1, DG2, DG3, DG4 and then a Blender pen to bleach it out a bit.



Next, I pulled out my new Sheena Douglass "Deer" Stencil and EZ Release Tape to mask off everything on the stencil except the large tree on the right edge.  


I loaded a EB8 Spectrum Noir marker in the eBrush System and sprayed color over the background on each side of the card front.




Next, I masked over everything on the stencil except the deer laying down and used the same EB8 Spectrum Noir Marker and eBrush to once again apply color.


I carefully removed the stencil to see my finished image and then added a sentiment to complete the card front.  I added a dark green mat and then attached it to a dark brown cardbase.


Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs