In just a few days, we will be getting on a plane bound for Alaska! We have had this trip booked since last August. We are soooooooooooooooooo ready to get out of here for a few weeks. Bright and early on Sunday, we're off to Fairbanks, Alaska to meet up with Tim's parents for 12 days of relaxation, adventure and lots of good food! We have a land tour booked for the first five days & then we board a cruise ship for the next 7 days. Here's what we have planned:
- June 3- 5: Fairbanks, AL - Riverboat Cruise and "Panting" for Gold (as Matt calls it).
- June 5 - Take the glass domed train from Fairbanks to Danali National Park. We are hoping to see Danali's "big four" - grizzlies, moose, caribou and Dall Sheep.
- June 6 - Once again we'll take the train from Danali to Talkeetna where we will enjoy the wonderful views of Mt. McKinley.
- June 7 - We will travel to Anchorage where we'll take a tour of the city and the Heritage Center.
- June 8 - We board the Royal Caribbean cruise ship Radiance of the Seas in Seward & set sail that evening.
- June 9 - We will stay on the ship this day and cruise around the Hubbard Glacier.
- June 10 - Matt's Birthday - We arrive in Juneau where we plan to visit a Mushers Camp, ride a dog sled and play with the puppies. That evening we will celebrate Matt's 8th Birthday.
- June 11 - Skagway is our destination today where we are going to take a tour of the Eagle Preserve Wildlife River Adventure & Cruise.
- June 12 - We hit Icy Strait Point. We are planning to race down a zip line at 60 mph through the Alaskan forest -- Woohooo! I can't wait for that!
- June 13 - We arrive in Ketchikan where we are planning to take a float plane to view the grandeur Misty Fjords National Monument by sea and air.
- June 14 - After a very busy week, we will stay on the ship and cruise the Inside Passage.
- June 15 - We arrive in Vancouver, British Columbia which is where we will leave the ship and head to the airport for home.
So that is our wonderful itinerary & I know it will be the trip of a lifetime! You know lots and lots of pictures will follow in the weeks ahead!